On February 2, 2016, a new regulation was introduced in Andalusia that affects housing for short-term lease.
According to Decree 28/2016, of February 2, they are considered as holiday homes all those located in residential land where, by price, the accommodation service is offered on a regular basis and for tourism purposes, that is, with marketing and promotion through the channels offered by this area (travel agencies, websites, intermediary companies, etc.).
This decree, in articles 6 and 9, establishes a series of mandatory requirements for short-term rental housing:
- Being registered in the Registry of Tourism of Andalusia.
- Occupation License.
- Exterior direct ventilation of rooms and window darkening system.
- Furnished and equipped with sufficient appliances.
- Cooling/heating fixtures (depending on the season of the year in which it is rented), not yet due for goods classified as cultural and whose protection prevents perform some type of work required.
- First aid kit.
- Tourist information.
- Complaints and Claims book available to the customers.
- Cleaning the property prior to the arrival and after the departure of customers.
- Bedding, towels and household goods in general, as well as spare sets.
- Providing a contact number to be available to answer questions or issues.
- Information and instructions for electrical appliances or housing devices.
- Informing about the internal rules of the use of the facilities and the admission of pets.
If you own a house that you rent for tourism purposes, you have the obligation to register it in the Register of Tourism of Andalusia. The registration process consists of several steps:
- Sign a declaration of responsibility in which it manifests compliance with the requirements mentioned above.
- Register the property in the Register of Tourism of Andalusia.
- A registration code will be provided which must appear in all advertising or promotion of the rental.
- Register the accommodation in the police station.
- A registration code will be provided which you must refer each time you submit the traveller's form with the personal information of each of the tenants.
Tramiuris is responsible for managing the registration in the Register of Tourism of Andalusia and of all the procedures necessary to prepare the request.